I bought a tape backup unit for the servers for this site and it finally arrived today. Weighs 100 pounds without the box. I let the dogs out and then fed them and proceeded to work on the tape drive. I poweered it up and all was well but it did not pass its self test. So I took it completely apart and deciphered the mechanism that drives the robot arm. After about 3 hours of obscessing over it I concluded that a small black piece of plastic that was about 1/4 inch square was broken off of the robot arm and thus never triggered a sensor to tell it the position of the arm. A little creative engineering and I had a $3000 robot working again and I had only paid $50 for the unit. Nice!
My excitement over fixing the robot was soon spoiled when I went to check on the dogs who were all upstairs. I thougth that was odd in that Remy and Kira almost always stay in the basement with me when I am working on stuff. As I entered the carpeted area where the pool table is I quickly realized why they were gone. Foreman had taken a big dump in the middle of the basement. He had already pooed after dinner but for some reason had to go again. I wish this dog could learn to bark like Kira or take himself out the doggy door. Ugh.