Let’s try that application again. Today I sent in another application for a yellow lab. Mike and I had talked about the dogs and found a dog named Remy that was a victim of Hurricane Katrina. So, I put in the application today. Here is the application:
HART Dog most interested in: Remy Date: 2/16/2006 5:49:10
Why did you choose this particular dog? Looking for a Lab to befriend my
Black Lab (Kira)
Referred By: WEB
#Children: 0 Age(s): In Future:
Total # of People in the
household (roommates, etc):
Do you Own or
Rent: Own If RENTING, does lease allow Dogs?
If NO, Willing to Fence?
If Yes, Fence Type: Fence
Height: 4 foot
Do you currently have or plan to have a doggy door?
Rural, Suburban, or Urban: Rural
Home Type: SFH
many hours a day will your HART Dog be left alone during the day? 0-5
2. Where will your HART Dog be kept when alone? Free Roam of
3. Where will your HART Dog be kept when your
are home? Free Roam of House
4. How will you
exercise your HART Dog? 5 acres fenced, deserted gravel road for long
5. How much time do you realistically have each day to exercise and
play with your Dog? 5 hours
6. Who will care for your Dog while you are on
vacation/travel? friends stay at the house
7. Approximately how many weeks
a year are you away from home on business or vacation travel?
8. How will
you encourage and reinforce appropriate behavior? Praise
9. Are you willing
to take your HART Dog to Obedience Training? Yes
10. How will you
prevent/manage inappropriate behavior? Scold…it’s a lab… they don’t do
11. What do you forsee as normal Dog problems?
12. Will your HART Dog ever be left outside unattended when you
are not home? Never
13. What will you do with your
Dog if you have to move? Take Dog
1. Why do you want a Dog? Companion
2. Who will be the
primary/sole caretaker of the Pet? Me
3. What size Dog Appeals to you?
Weight Limit? 100 lbs
4. What Age most appeals to you?
5. What aspect of a Dog is MOST important to you?
(Please rate 1-7: 1=MOST Important 7=LEAST Important)
5 Low Maintenance
6. What activity level MOST appeals to you? Medium
7. Type of
Is someone in the family willing to brush your HART Dog
How much do you think it costs to have HART Dog Groomed?
$$0 for a lab
8. Does anyone in your family have allergies to dander/hair?
9. Where will your HART dog sleep? in my bed
10. How much do you
think it costs ANNUALLY to own a Dog? Veterinary: $$300 and Food, Supplies,
11. Will you give your HART Dog Heartworm Preventative EVERY
12. What causes Heartworm in dogs? Fleas
13. What would
cause you to return your dog to HART? If the dog couldn’t get along with my
other dogs such that his/her life was endangered, I would seen a better
1. Have you ever owned a pet? Yes *If NO, you may
skip to bottom of form
a. Name of pet: Kira Narise
Was pet spayed or neutered?
Where did you get the pet? Breeder
# Years pet with
Current age of pet: 3
Is pet still with your
If NO, what happened to the pet?
b. Name of
Breed of pet: Lab
pet spayed or neutered? No
Where did you get the pet?
# Years pet with family: 13
Current age of pet:
Is pet still with your family? Yes
If NO, what
happened to the pet?
c. Name of pet: Grendel
Breed of pet:
Was pet spayed or neutered?
Where did you get the pet? Rescue/Vet
# Years pet
with family: 9
Current age of pet: 8
Is pet still with
your family? No
If NO, what happened to the pet? Died of heart
failure (rescued from inbreeding and had known heart defect from start)
d. Name of pet: Jafo
Breed of pet: Cocker
Was pet spayed or neutered? Yes
Where did you get
the pet? Pound
# Years pet with family: 11
of pet: 11
Is pet still with your family? No
If NO, what
happened to the pet? Had Cushings disease for last 4 years of life. Put to
sleep by vets advice.
Additional comments about owned pets:
What Vet have you used in this area? Middleburg Animal Hospital
Name: Kira, Bones, Jafo, Grendel
3. Have you ever incurred extraordinary
medical expenses for your pet? yes, Grendel had $2000 heart work and lived 3
years past her first heartattack.
4. What Heartworm preventatives have you
used in the past? Was HeartGuard, but Vet changed. Can’t remember.
you ever had to give up a Pet for any reason? No
If YES, what happened
to the Dog:
6. Will you permit a home visit by a
HART Representative? Yes
7. Do you authorize a vet check by a HART
8. How did you hear about HART? Internet